I have been having so much fun this week creating faces in Procreate. Here are a few examples. These will be featured in my next Skillshare class.
I have been working again with Alaina Jensen’s alcohol ink brushes for Procreate. In this one, I have gotten away from my usual bright colours for a pretty cool result.
This is a portrait of my friend’s dog Leo, where I used a couple of Alaina’s brushes to create a colourful texture that I blended with Leo’s photo.
In real life, since alcohol inks are transparent, they can’t really be used on a dark surface. But digitally, there are ways around that. Here’s an example.
Were you thinking of signing up for a free trial on Skillshare? Beginning September 30th, the free trial period will be reduced from 2 months to 14 days.
Click here to go to the Classes page to activate your free trial.
Here is some more digital silk painting made with techniques I learned from Jennifer Nichols on Skillshare.
Here are two versions of batik circles, which include patterns from my free Procreate brushes.
This is a flower I made with one of my textures. I wanted to see what it would look like on a scarf (scarf from Printify).
I have created a new set of pattern brushes for Procreate. These brushes are based on traditional quilt patterns. Go to this page to see a video preview and to download the brushes.
Coming soon: A new Skillshare class on using patterns in Procreate.
I”m still enjoying the digital “silk painting” I learned from Jennifer Nichols on Skillshare. Here are a few more creations; I’m thinking of having some of them printed on scarves in my print-on-demand shop.
In these two, I tried to simulate dimensional paint on the outlines.
I have created two new sets of pattern brushes for Procreate. Go to this page to see a video preview that shows some ways you can use the brushes.
I took a great Skillshare class by Jennifer Nichols on recreating the look of Scandinavian folk art. Here are a couple of my paintings.
In this first one, I added some faux stitching detail to the painting. You can see a detailed view below.
Here is a second painting. For the detail on this one, I tried to emulate the look of dimensional paint.