I have been having so much fun this week creating faces in Procreate. Here are a few examples. These will be featured in my next Skillshare class.
I have been working again with Alaina Jensen’s alcohol ink brushes for Procreate. In this one, I have gotten away from my usual bright colours for a pretty cool result.
This is a portrait of my friend’s dog Leo, where I used a couple of Alaina’s brushes to create a colourful texture that I blended with Leo’s photo.
In real life, since alcohol inks are transparent, they can’t really be used on a dark surface. But digitally, there are ways around that. Here’s an example.
Here is some more digital silk painting made with techniques I learned from Jennifer Nichols on Skillshare.
Here are two versions of batik circles, which include patterns from my free Procreate brushes.
This is a flower I made with one of my textures. I wanted to see what it would look like on a scarf (scarf from Printify).
I”m still enjoying the digital “silk painting” I learned from Jennifer Nichols on Skillshare. Here are a few more creations; I’m thinking of having some of them printed on scarves in my print-on-demand shop.
In these two, I tried to simulate dimensional paint on the outlines.
I took a great Skillshare class by Jennifer Nichols on recreating the look of Scandinavian folk art. Here are a couple of my paintings.
In this first one, I added some faux stitching detail to the painting. You can see a detailed view below.
Here is a second painting. For the detail on this one, I tried to emulate the look of dimensional paint.
Here is my second set of Procreate brushes. You can go to this page and follow the links for preview videos and download links for all my brushes. The preview video for this set shows all the brushes in action, and includes sample artwork.
Recently, I discovered a wonderful set of Procreate brushes by Alaina Jensen that reproduce the look of alcohol inks digitally.
The background in this piece is a scan of real alcohol ink, to which I added some digital alcohol ink with Alaina’s brushes.
This one was done entirely in Procreate. I put the alcohol ink on a black background, which is not really possible in real life because of the transparency of the inks.
In this one, I started with a cut-out version of one of my mandalas, and used one of Alaina’s brushes in several colours for the background.
This final one is another hybrid painting. I started with a texture I created with real alcohol ink, then I added some extra texture with Alaina’s brushes in green and gold. Then I added the black octopus silhouette, and use another one of Alaina’s brushes in red and orange for texture.
Hi everyone! I have just published my first set of Procreate texture brushes.
Here are a few examples where I used these brushes for textures or backgrounds. You can find the brushes, including a video, under the Freebies menu, or you can click here.
Some more mandalas with different techniques. The first two were made with techniques from my Mandalas class and my Liquify Everything class on Skillshare. Click here to see all my classes; if you’re not yet on Skillshare, you can get two months free.
This one was based on one of my free mandala designs. The colour was added using a techniques from Jennifer Nichol’s Skillshare class: How To Get A Wax Resist, Batik, Or Painted Silk Look In Procreate On Your iPad.