Here are some new abstract digital paintings. I’m playing with lines, colour, and texture.
Here is my latest digital painting. Below are the components that came together on my iPad to create this painting.
1. This is the photo I started with (from Pixabay).
2. I added the woman’s silhouette, and applied a texture filter in iColorama.
3. Then I took this scan of a collage piece I made a while back for an online class…
4. …and blended everything together in Procreate.
This week I have been playing with portraits in iColorama. Starting with a photo from Pixabay, I created these two different portraits using different features of the app. I’m not sure which one I like best, but I do know I want to do more experimenting with portraits. I especially love working with texture.
This is the photo I started with.
In iColorama, I used these settings:
– Style / Lighten / 4
– Style / Painterly / VGogh1
– Adjust / ToneLab / 16
For the second one, I used these settings:
– Adjust / HDR / 4
– Texture / Noises
– Adjust / Exposure
A new portrait this week, as well as two mandalas.
Similar to the portrait I did last week, this painting started with a photo from Pixabay, with textures and framing added in iColorama, finally blended with one of my colourful backgrounds in Procreate.
These are two mandalas created in iOrnament and coloured in Procreate.
Here you can see the mandala before and after shading and highlighting.