Recently, I discovered a wonderful set of Procreate brushes by Alaina Jensen that reproduce the look of alcohol inks digitally.
The background in this piece is a scan of real alcohol ink, to which I added some digital alcohol ink with Alaina’s brushes.
This one was done entirely in Procreate. I put the alcohol ink on a black background, which is not really possible in real life because of the transparency of the inks.
In this one, I started with a cut-out version of one of my mandalas, and used one of Alaina’s brushes in several colours for the background.
This final one is another hybrid painting. I started with a texture I created with real alcohol ink, then I added some extra texture with Alaina’s brushes in green and gold. Then I added the black octopus silhouette, and use another one of Alaina’s brushes in red and orange for texture.