Weekly Challenge #38: Better than a Pair of Ducks

This week’s challenge is to use Rick’s Paradox which is one of my favourite tangles.

I started with one of my Zendala templates, and tangled the whole thing with Paradox. Then, I scanned it and printed out several copies so that I could experiment with colour. The first one is the original, which I shaded with graphite. I added colour to the other three with coloured pencils. You can click the image for a larger view on Flickr.

Weekly Challenge 38

This entry was posted in artwork, mandalas, weekly challenge, zendalas and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Weekly Challenge #38: Better than a Pair of Ducks

1. Jane says:

Very nice. My favorites are Autumn and Winter….the two on the right.

2. Tammi says:

Ooooooh! Very cool!!! My favorites are the exact opposite of Jane’s — the two on the left. *grin*

3. Estelle M Goodnight says:

I love all 4 of them. I just wish I could figure out how to make them curve and flip. I know there is a trick to it — just haven’t figured out what it is.

4. Absolutely gorgeous, each and everyone of them. I am working thru doing the same with the template I created of the 12 point star. I will be posting that template this evening or tomorrow, on http://ihavethetangles.wordpress.com. I’ve been studying Islamic geometric designs and learned how to create the 12 point star. From there I added some details. and I really like what I created. Best regards, Marguerite

5. Sue Clark says:

Beautiful, all of them! I really love the red and gold, very striking!

6. That’s a lot of fun!
    –Margaret

7. This is a gorgeous use of paradox! I haven’t got to the point of trying color yet, I’m so new I’m still just trying to figure out patterns, etc. So I love seeing something like this where the color is such a pretty addition to the tangle. Great job!

8. Genevieve says:

Thanks everyone. I think the idea of drawing something, then making several copies to show how you can use different techniques can be a useful teaching tool, in addition to being a lot of fun.

9. pam says:

More fabulousness! I think you may have found your passion!

Comments are closed.