Mandalas

A few weeks ago, I started drawing mandalas, many of them inspired by Zentangle. I have found them to be very compelling, and before I knew it, I had an even dozen. I suddenly realized that I hadn’t posted them to the blog, so here they are. I will definitely plan to include these in my Zentangle classes (coming soon).

You can click the image to go to the Flickr album where you can see them at a bigger size.

This entry was posted in artwork, mandalas. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mandalas

1. Lovely! I especially like numbers 4 and 12. I’ve been doing mandalas for many years, but zentangle for only one or two. What size are these?

2. Genevieve says:

Thanks Margaret. The ones on a white background are about 8×8 inches. The ones on patterned backgrounds are done on scrapbooking paper, so they’re between 10×10 and 11×11 inches.

3. Carole Ohl says:

These are so beautiful, Genevieve! My faves are 4 and 8. They look really stunning all together like this.

4. Karen Marshall says:

These are absolutely gorgeous! I’m really impressed that each space looks equal to all the similar spaces. Your precision in creating these mandalas is quite impressive. šŸ™‚

5. Christina says:

“Exquisite” is inadequate, “intricate” falls short… I’m not sure there IS a word for this collection of tangled Mandalas, but they’re absolutely gorgeous!

6. iamthediva says:

these are just gorgeous!!

i would have never thought to try something like this on scrapbook paper, lord knows i have enough of it lying around… šŸ˜‰

7. Genevieve says:

Thanks everyone!

Laura… I occasionally buy scrapbooking papers to use in collage, and some of them are great for the mandalas, or any Zentangle-inspired artwork. The biggest challenge is to find papers with subtle backgrounds that aren’t too dark. The photos on Flickr don’t really do them justice because I have to use my camera (they’re too big for the scanner). I’m working on one now on a more interesting background; I’ll be leaving more open spaces in the mandala so the background will come through. Stay tuned!

8. I so love all of these, Genevieve. You’ve really inspired me to give Mandalas a go. Can’t wait to see your new ones.

9. pam says:

A feast for the eyes! I love how they all look together as a group.

10. Genevieve says: